Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Makita 3601B mounted to my router table. Bit changing requires two wrenches (and two hands...) and is not possible from the top.

I solved it by machining a special wrench-shaped handle, cut from a 3 mm steel plate using a jigsaw and metal blade.

To change the bit, using the router lift I raise the router until the upper nut (there are two) of the bit-collet protrudes just above the table surface. Then, with my left hand I push the handle towards the router to engage the lower nut - and using my right hand I open or close the upper nut, releasing or fastening the bit. The handle is equipped with a spring, ensuring that normally it is pulled off the router collet, and engaged only when I push it.

Enclosed some pics describing the device. Most pics depict the device as seen from behind the table top.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Thanks for sharing( great idea)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Great solution to a common problem.

Thanks for sharing your idea.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
That is a very good idea Yair.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Yair, That is really neat - you guys from Israel certainly have a knack for smart metal machining work! I've admired many things machined in your country for several years! Thanks very much for sharing that idea with us!

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia, USA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.