Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Dan, I wouldn't buy Yonico bits they are made in China and aren't very good bits. I bought several of them and found out pretty quick they aren't much pumpkin. I buy Whiteside and Freud bits. Here is a link to where I buy the Whiteside bits. Right now they have a 10% off anything they sell plus shipping is always free. The promo code to get the 10% off is (sweet18)

https://www.hartvilletool.com/

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
T&G for sure for me. I'm a fan of matched bit sets for such as this. I have Sommerfelt's set, but Freud makes a matched set as well. Easy to set up. Drop a half inch rubber grommet in the collet, then set the first bit. Make the cut, then drop in the matched second bit and it's properly aligned to the groove automatically. On cheap sets I think you buy a little more trouple than you save in dollars.
I agree with you, Tom. I have a Yonico 1/2" shank bit that I can hardly get in and out of my collet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.