Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone 1st poster here,(but avid reader :))

I'm fairly new to woodworking. I'm starting to build a coffee table from a book that my girlfriend bought me for my birthday. It uses a double mortise joint. The part that i can't seem to find any help on is it asks to put a edge moulder bit into my drill press. The thing is the "Edge Moulder Bit" looks like a regular drill bit, but i can't find where to buy a edge moulder bit. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
219 Posts
Would they be referring to these...
Spiral Cutters - Woodcraft.com
They are spiral cutters. They are like a regular bit but they will lift the chips out of the hole you are cleaning out, or they will pull the cutter down into the wood, depending if you use a upcut spiral or a downcut spiral.
I've never used one yet but that is my understanding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, i wish i had a scanner to post the picture in the book.. They lock the drill at a certain depth and then drill horizontal, do you know what i mean?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Do you have a digital camera? Take a picture and upload it as an attachment.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
...or a phone with one built-in? <g>

·
Registered
219 Posts
Theres another thing called a spiral end mill bit that is like a upcut bit but it is meant for use in a drill press. It is designed for cutting mortises.
As your title says, the one pictured is called a edge moulding bit but I can not find anything about it on the net.

O, wait!!! I just found a site...end mills...edge mills...potatoes...pototos.
They gotta be similar...EH High Speed Steel Router Bits, End Mills and Cutters

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you able to edit posts on here? That way i wouldn't have to double post..

All of the links you guys provided for me were for routers.. I'll keep looking for something in regards to a drill press.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Are you able to edit posts on here? That way i wouldn't have to double post..

All of the links you guys provided for me were for routers.. I'll keep looking for something in regards to a drill press.
Yes, there's an edit button bottom corner of your post.

You do realize that you CAN run router bits in a drill press. Just NOT the other way around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts