Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At present I have a 1/2" collet extension on my Dewalt 625 fitted into my router table. I've found out about the Muscle Chuck and that the Eliminator RC Quick Change Chuck. Both were the same design by John DeRosa, he sold the patent.

A quick change chuck would make bit changing less of a hassle. I see there is an extended version of the Muscle Chuck? Obviously I bought the original 1/2" collet extension so could raise the router above the table.
In the UK I'm looking at the Eliminator RC 9720 https://routercutter.co.uk/eliminator-rc-quick-change-chucks
Will this suit the router table fine, extending to right height etc?

Also when using my current standard 1/2" collet extension. I've read about, " Use rubber O-rings to help you position router bit shafts the right depth in the collet." Does one use O- rings as well in an Eliminator RC Quick Change Chuck? If so what is ID of O ring and wall thickness?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
There was a very good reason why John sold the patents to the Eliminator chuck, it used a cam against the bit whereas the MUSCLECHUCK grips almost 360° giving about four times the grip of a conventional chuck, it also gives about an extra half inch depth of cut plus of course it only requires half turn of a ball ended Allen key to lock/unlock. All three of my half inch Makita routers have MUSCLECHUCKS.

Attachments

Reactions: Roy Drake
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.