Router Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting this Rockler Dust Right Router Table Dust Bucket with Dual Dust Port for my setup.
- I have a Triton MOF001C 2-1/4-HP and have this mounted in under a Bench Dog cast iron top
at the end of my table saw. It is completely empty under the router. I currently use a makeshift hose set up but buying this
would cut down on router machine noise as well as a better dust collection system.
The quality and design of this product looks great and would probably work well in my current set up.
Foe those of you who have an enclosed router in a cabinet -my question is...
Has heat build up ever been a problem for your router?
AND
Do any of you have this product and if so what is your review?

Product Technology Electronic device

Vehicle Tool

Machine tool Machine Wood Electronics Table saw

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one. Have had it for quite some time. Works great and has caused no ill effects on my PC 7518 router. I bought mine when they first came out which was before they were even Rockler blue.

I did not use sheet metal screws to assemble mine. Thought the sharp points could be dangerous. I used Pop Rivets to assemble mine.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Foe those of you who have an enclosed router in a cabinet -my question is...
Has heat build up ever been a problem for your router?
AND
Do any of you have this product and if so what is your review?
why not build your own???
Heat..
see post #7...
as a bonus, take the time, read the entire thread...

DUST COLLECTION
There is some, okay, a lot of information, because one size does not fit all when it comes to dust collection and your health in this here link...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Will it interfere with you locking and unlocking the columns or getting at the switch?

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have to admit that a one size fits all is concerning. The fact that most cast router table add-ons I've seen are not flat on the bottom I have to wonder how well they actually fit. I guess you could fasten a wood frame deeper then the torsion style cast ribs or cut the metal to fit but again it seems it would almost need to be done with the table detached. Just my thoughts as I remember this product. I can't say I've really looked hard at these or seen one attached and I can't remember what the bottom side of my SawStop router table is like although I do know they make a collector for their own. And as for the dust prot I almost think it would nice to have the option of multiple sides to choose from. Like a knockout on all 4 sides so you can choose your configuration. Hopefully someone will have 1st hand knowledge of this product and chime in.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
I think you might have problems with mounting it where you can seal around the top edge so dust extraction works the way it should. Since you would have to figure out how to take care of that problem it might be just as easy to build your own so you know there is room for the router and long bit and you can decide where to add the dust collector ports.

Reactions: Nickp

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have this one installed under a Rocler phenolic table ; very happy with the dust collection and heat doesn't seem to be an issue. My router used here is a Bosch 1617. My favorite part of the whole setup is the Incra Mast R Lift.

·
Registered
21,697 Posts
I have the old metal version with a Triton TRA001, and it is a really tight fit. I had to install the Woodpecker plate upside down to allow clearance for the lock, and switch. I will eventually replace it with a home built box with more room and space to install something Stick suggested some time ago, a snorkle to the bottom of the router to feed clean air up, into the router. It works OK, but I have to be careful of the sharp edges on the door. Be sure you ope the air inlet sufficiently to permit air flow. If it's shut too small, your airflow is greatly dilminished and the dust collection is impaired. The Y connector in the back is nice, however you may have to set the table away from a wall to accommodate the hose or duct work. It worked really well with my old 1617 setup.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you tried just hooking up a vacuum to the router. I have the Triton TRA001 in my table and with a hose hooked up to the dc port on the router, the dc is outstanding. I had the smaller Triton in my table and it worked equally well the the dc port.
Yes - that is what I currently do - I love my Triton router!
I current use this method and a crude hacked together top and bottom collection setup.
This would be a more elegant solution to my setup.
I ordered the Rockler cabinet yesterday - I will keep y'all posted on before and after dust collection report.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So long as you run dust collection and allow some airflow heat should not be a problem, though I also just use the dust collector port on my Triton and it does a fine job.

I've been running my table saw with a sealed base and only a dust collection port for forced ventilation for years with no problem.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have this one installed under a Rocler phenolic table ; very happy with the dust collection and heat doesn't seem to be an issue. My router used here is a Bosch 1617. My favorite part of the whole setup is the Incra Mast R Lift.
I may have a Jessem Rout-R-Lift II on an open Bosch table. The motor blows the dust UP and toward a centered fence DC duct. Dumps a lot of sawdust underneath but being able to extract the router motor is more important to me.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
The motor blows the dust UP and toward a centered fence DC duct. Dumps a lot of sawdust underneath but being able to extract the router motor is more important to me.
Same as mine and I agree. Even with a Musclechuck installed I prefer to remove the router to change bits and make initial height adjustments.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I can't imagine how must dust is being created to want to spend a hundred dollars. The table saw is my problem that I would gladly spend the money but a shop vac takes care of 99% of anything the router creates and the rest just drops inside the cabinet and is vacuumed away with the same shop vac. The secret to a router setup is to place the vacuum as close as possible to the bit. That means to place the hose directly behind the bit. Doing so will catch almost everything the bit throws out as it is spinning.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Depending on what you are routing. It's not always fine dust. A raised panel bits takes a lot of chips off and at a large rate, unlike a round over bit...

A 3+ router gets a work out on a raised panel bit and can get hot...Unlike shapers that are designed to be used like this.I've lost several speed controllers in a Dewalt 625 because there not designed for extreme heat...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.