Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Cricket

May I ask you to consider this...

Use Case: I use a tablet, smartphone, small iPad with the site a whole bunch because I have a long commute. It is when I have the most amount of time to keep up with the site. I typically start at "Active Topics" and read the ones I haven't read yet or for any additional posts in any particular thread. This makes it simple navigation from one spot rather than going into each forum or sub-forum.

Problem: After getting to the bottom of the thread page(s) I need to swipe to get back to the top and click again on "Active Topics". Sometimes this is a lot of swipes on a small screen and there doesn't seem to be a better way to get back to Active Posts. Just "backpaging" doesn't work as well as it would not then show what I've already read.

Proposal: Place a link back to "Active Topics" or "New Posts" directly below the end of the posts. This would allow for quick navigation back to the listing without a huge number of swipes.

Thank you for your consideration...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you, Cricket...the issue is the amount of swiping and screen refreshing that happens on a phone or pad...basically, swipe, wait, swipe, wait, etc...it's a long way to the bottom of the page too... :)

A direct link back to "Active" or "New" would be fantastic...right where the "Reply" button is at the end of the thread.

I don't know if this would interest anyone else nor do I know if anyone else accesses the topics the same way...maybe it's become a workaround for me for the shortcomings of a mobile device and wouldn't be of any value to anyone else.

When I'm on my desktop or laptop a quick press of the "page up" key gets me there in no time...

Obviously this isn't a bug or anything that needs a NOW fix...

If it can't be done, so be it...my new folding ruler will be in my hands by end of week and my A.D.D.N.T. will take over (Attention Deficit Disorder for New Toys) :)

If you can do this it might make life easier for many of us...

Thanks...

EDIT...adding the "TOP" button to just below the last post in the thread on that page would be equally fantastic...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Assuming you're using the full version of the site, in the lower right hand corner of the community, there is a link called "top". Would that work for you?
Thanks for pointing that out, because I'd never have found it myself. Funny that the "enhanced mobile view," which requires just as much swiping, doesn't have a "top" link. OTOH, the mobile view is pretty thin, which is why I finagle my way around the regular site

1 - 6 of 6 Posts