Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We needed a place to put our new tv, so I designed and made this entertainment center. It's made mostly of oak, with other wood for the inlays. We live over 100 miles from a source of wood, so I rely on wood from the internet -- which means under 5' pieces. That's why the horizontal sections are so complicated. Here are a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
21,658 Posts
That is a wonderful looking piece of work, particularly given the short pieces you're stuck with using. My wood supplier is about 70 to 80 miles round trip, which is nearly third of a tank in my old truck. So I understand the economics of having to travel 100 miles each way to get wood.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Dave, Nice looking entertainment center. I'll probably steal some of the design to build one sometime this year if I can find the time. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Looks like the short pieces didn't slow you down at all...NICE JOB...! ! ! Love the open shelves on each end...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I came up with the floating part. Most of the online pictures of centers I liked had frames and doors or solid panels on the angled sides, but I thought that would impede the display. It was tough getting the joinery correct, It's pretty functional as a mini-display case! I'm pleased with it.

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
I came up with the floating part. Most of the online pictures of centers I liked had frames and doors or solid panels on the angled sides, but I thought that would impede the display. It was tough getting the joinery correct, It's pretty functional as a mini-display case! I'm pleased with it.
Great idea , it’s the part that makes it for me . Funny how the little things can make a such a big difference

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.