Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The versatility of routers never ceases to amaze me . Kudos to this guy for designing this jig .
It’s darn near a poor mans cnc lol . I could see it coming in handy for some applications.
Gets hs fingers a little closer to the bit while making pulleys, but I don’t know what the alternative would be .
You may want to skip to around 45 seconds

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
The versatility of routers never ceases to amaze me . Kudos to this guy for designing this jig .
It’s darn near a poor mans cnc lol . I could see it coming in handy for some applications.
Gets hs fingers a little closer to the bit while making pulleys, but I don’t know what the alternative would be .
You may want to skip to around 45 seconds

https://youtu.be/ulblySFElo4
I did notice he had some tape on his thumb, Rick. I wouldn't argue with the guy, he was big enough to wrestle one of Dans' bears to the mat.
Herb

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw, you could take him in your hay day Herb .

I was thinking if a guy used stepper motors instead of cranks , you could actually run this as a cnc ? As long as the strings don’t slip lol

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Aw, you could take him in your hay day Herb .

I was thinking if a guy used stepper motors instead of cranks , you could actually run this as a cnc ? As long as the strings don’t slip lol
That would work. You would have to figure out what to do with you Z axis but that might not be too hard. I don't think tolerances would be very good but for signs and things like that it would work.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
That's Izzy Swan. He makes all kinds of unique things from wood. Do a YouTube search for his name and you will be watching his videos for the rest of the day. I'm surprised that all of you haven't seen what he does before. His jig making abilities are incredible. You should see the one that he made to turn decorative bowls using a table saw, or his drill powered walking machine. How about a gun that shoots cans of beer or Snickers bars. I like his folding octagon table and chairs too.
He lives in the Columbia, South Carolina area

Charley.

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I've seen his videos before, and he has done some interesting stuff. But on this one, as far as I am concerned, he dropped the ball.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,236 Posts
The problem with Etch-A-Sketch type things is your world ends up being all straight lines. Kinda' hard to cut curves with that setup.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I once watched a teen aged girl making circles on an Etch A Sketch in a store. Her hand coordination was absolutely amazing. She did make some that weren't quite right, but most were coming out near perfect. I couldn't do it if I tried.

Charley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.