Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought everyone would like to see this. This Crasftsman router was mounted in my table. It blew out the bottom of the motor casing that holds the bottom bearing. I didn't get hurt but I did have to change my underwear after it happened! Just goes to show that's it's a good idea to give your power tools a good once over every now & then!

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Geesch,, Dominick...... Glad you were not hurt,,,,,some how I am not surprised it was a Craftsman router,,, Guess its time to do some shoppin,,,

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Wow that's a new on me. Glad to see you didn't get hurt. First time I've ever seen or heard of that happening. Did it give you any warning sounds when it blew? Probably cased by to much pressure on the colect more pressure on it from using it in a table then using it free hand. I had that model I actually threw it out. Had problems with the adjustment. Took it to sears and was told it would cost more for them to fix then to buy a new one. Went to Porter cable from then on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No warning signs or sounds at all. I thought maybe the lower bearing had locked up but it was just fine. Luckily I was hollowing out a block of stock for a box so the bit was covered when it happened. I never thought that I had ever overloaded it but I guess it only takes once to cause stress cracks that you might not see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.