Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Hi,

Just finished looking at some of your projects at webshots, I really like what you have done! It seems like I've always made birdhouses, started back when I was around 6 helping my brother then later into a way of making extra spending money since before I was a teen. I did a lot of "stock" birdhouses with a few custom ones as customers wanted (often to look like there summer homes). I have never tired anything as fancy as you have but now I think that will be one of my summer projects.

I also really like the rustic arbor, makes me think of back home where a lot of people did those sort of projects. Thanks for posting!

Ed

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thank you Ed i find building birdhouses to be very relaxing and certainly not as physical as building a real home .which i have done many. as far as the arbor you saw ,there are actually 2 of them .both the same size but different patterns

here is a birdhouse i am building now. it is about halfway. :sold:

it is very nice to meet you Ed
john

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
new pics

here are a few more pictures i took yesterday. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Everytime i look at something new you are working on...,just blows me away..I am speech-less for once..you are gifted man..keep up the great work.
Rick

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new woodworking projects

Here are some more things i have built from new and used wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Ahhh ... sweet, unharried productivity!!
Although if it wasn't for mine, I'd be getting lost driving all the time - that's why I call her my nagavator (weird, she doesn't appreciate that too much)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here's a few pics i just took recently :D it was a beautiful day

Attachments

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I see you have made an obelisk.... I have made several but mine are all about a 7 deg angle your's seems to be at a much wider angle, do you happen to remember what it is?

What is the red roofing on the birdhouse?

Sure enjoy seeing your work, keep it up!

Ed

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi ED and thank you very much.

The obelisk is built at a 22.5 degrees angle. i think
The red roofing is just regular 32" steel that they use on barns. i have found a place that sells it fairly cheap and it comes in a lot of bright colours.
I plan on building more with some new colours soon. Thanks again john

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New Project

This is a planter box i made today from 8 yr. old reclaimed fence boards. it took 3 hrs to build from start to finish. it cost about $ 5.00 to build.(nails)
it is 46" sq x16.25 " high :sold:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
muskoka cottage

Hi everyone , here is a cottage i did a while back. i had help from my kids and nephews. it is located in muskoka on a 5 acre Island at the tip of 12 mile bay. it is just over 5,000 sq ft. the entire cottage is built on solid bedrock. :sold:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
John, that's almost as big as some of your birdhouses! :D Is there anything that you don't do?
That's a beautiful place and the setting is perfect - and I assume good fishing as well.
Thanks for the pics (uh, but next time, put your shirt on ;) !)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Ya know John, I have another question - It's on an island, right? How'd you get the wood over there? Gotta be a project and a half! I watched a guy build a cabin on a small island in UP Michigan, and it wore me out just watching him haul materials over a boat load at a time. Hats off!! (Notice, I'm a schmuck - I just watched!!)

1 - 20 of 389 Posts