Router Forums banner

361 - 380 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Thanks Mark and Paul!
Last summer i took a break for a few months building birdhouses and helped my son build a cedar deck and gazebo around his pool . It is 36 ft wide x 70 ft long

Attachments

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi John

Nice work, all I can say is WOW, from the small to the big :big_boss:

=======

Thanks Mark and Paul!
Last summer i took a break for a few months building birdhouses and helped my son build a cedar deck and gazebo around his pool . It is 36 ft wide x 70 ft long

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Thanks Mark and Paul!
Just like Bob all I can say is WOW..... the level of craftsmanship and quality is very impressive, the final result makes me jealous and want one! :p

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
John, I'm giving serious thought to selling my tools.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hey John, excellent work as usual. Nice to hear that you and your son spent some quality time together. BUT, I'm still waiting for you to build that big birdhouse. What was it again, 9 or 12 ft wide?????

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Thanks Dave ! I still have a 9 ft birdhouse on going that i started over 2 years ago .I will have it done sometime this summer . My local building inspector is keeping a eye on me lately so i have to watch how big i build things or he is all over me . :big_boss:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #372 (Edited)
Hi everyone . Things are starting to slow down a little now that summer is coming to a end .
The best part about this summer coming to a end is that my daughter and granddaughter will finally be coming home from Australia . They have been there for almost 2 years so my son in law could go to school there .

It has been a very busy summer here in Belgrave . I have given a lot of birdhouse tours this year . The biggest group so far was 300 people and they all drove classic cars . There were 115 cars all together . I sold close to 50 birdhouses this year all ready and have had several more articles done all over the world . Last month i had a article done in National Geographic in Israel , My latest article is in the Sept issue of Our Canada .

Whenever i wasn't building birdhouses this year i was working on my cedar deck and i built a 500 ft cedar fence around my yard .

Here are a few pictures of some of the projects i did this year so far . I also managed to finish a 7 ft tall 400 lb birdhouse that i started 2 1/2 years ago :dance3:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Here are a few more pictures !!

Attachments

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,785 Posts
John,

I love the 'country store' looking birdhouse! -- I might have to try that one! Great photos, it's amazing when you put yourself in the picture to see how big that house is!

It must be humbling to see how many people want to come and check out your handywork.

Great job.

Doug

PS- I recommend everyone give one of these a try, they are fun to build and your plans were great! (Of course I don't think I would use white oak fence boards as I did on my first one... that thing weighed a ton)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Thanks Doug ! I did that birdhouse for my local radio station and in return they put me on the radio for 5 minutes and promoted my birdhouses all that week . I ,ve done that one 3 times so far .

I have enough material now to build at least 500 more :)

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
John, what can I or anyone else say that hasn't already been said, you are one remarkable guy.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
I'm still waiting on pics of the big one John. I am glad to see that things are going great for you. Always knew you would amout to something. HeHe!

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Amazing just amazing!!!

361 - 380 of 389 Posts