Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a box and want to make through joint with the ez pro tool all the youtube show are half blind using their 1/2 inch bit. any help in the steps to do this . thanks for any help martin

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Martin - welcome to the forum! :)

First, I do not own the jig in question, but have Keller & P-C jigs which both can do through DT joints; each requires two differently shaped templates (Keller shown below, right, along w/ your jig) - also, each requires the use of 2 bits, i.e. a DT bit & a straight bit.

The EZ Pro comes w/ a dual template that has just straight sides & a single DT bit - now this would be used to do half-blind DTs, but most other jigs can do this cut in one pass w/ the two boards stacked but offset appropriately, thus an extra setup & cut for the jig that you own.

NOW, w/o the use of a straight bit and another template, I cannot see how the EZ Pro jig would do through DTs? I looked at the video & also the short manual; the latter explains only half-blind DTs & finger joints (of course using a straight bit). Maybe others will be more useful - good luck but you may need either an accessory for your current jig or a new one? Dave

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Martin

Yes the EZ dovetail jig can do it you need to buy a tall dovetail bit like the one below and you only need the tall dovetail bit not two bits,in the instruction that you got with the jig they tell you how to do, I think it's on page two on the bottom left hand side...

But I like using the Katie jig,it will put the Keller jig to shame.. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pc-Doveta...732042464?pt=Routers_Bits&hash=item1e703ca8e0

also from MLCS.

http://www.routerforums.com/woodworking-classifieds/33513-sommerfeld-katiejig-brand-new-box.html
===

I am building a box and want to make through joint with the ez pro tool all the youtube show are half blind using their 1/2 inch bit. any help in the steps to do this . thanks for any help martin

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Martin.

Thank you for joining us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts