Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
may I ask if any members have had experience with the above rail system for sawing and routing? Specifically, how good is the clamp down on the workpiece by the "bridge" which holds the rail ?

thanking you in anticipation
regards
Peteroo1

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,329 Posts
Can't help with your inquiry but I'm sure someone will come along and offer advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Used EZ Smart for about 1 1/2 years.

I have purchased and used the EZ Smart system (in pieces) over the last year and a half. I am recently retired as a design/build contractor and found it effective and more versatile than first expected.
Like any of those types of systems there is a learning curve. I would say the learning curve is average. The Rockler store near me was getting out of the EZ Smart system so I purchased about $1000 worth of stuff for half off. That's when I got the the SSRK (Super Smart Router Kit) and the full bench with the bridge.
To answer your question the bridge works great. Although, I expect to use it more this winter.

Hope this helps.

Marty

·
Registered
44 Posts
I came across EZ Smart many years back after struggling cutting plywood on my little table saw and having poor success with a circular saw - even with a homemade plywood straight edge. The EZ Smart tracks and accessories have completely changed my woodworking world!! I now own several tracks and accessories, and recently bought an EZ One.

Using the tracks I always use the clamps. If using the EZ One it is recommended that you use the fence and stops that come with it to "trap" the wood. So long as the wood is butted against the fence or a stop at the back (toward the B300 bridge handle end) I think the downward force of the rail will be ok.

Note that the super straight track rail can make even the most nasty edge straight and clean for subsequent cuts.

Eurekazone.com is a smallish US company based out of Ocala, Florida. In the past their instructions suffered a bit, but I think they are much improved now. Their online forum offers lots of user help if you just ask.

The base is pretty easy to install, but I suggest using a self centering punch or drill bit to accurately place the screw holes through the base holes.

Also check out their Universal Edge Guide (UEG) for fast and repeatable ripping. Once you have the base, the UEG is a nice low cost addition.

Once you've ripped plywood, you can use the EZ Smart Square to cut to length. Add a "Repeater" for repeatable lenght cross cuts (they call that Square+Repeater combo a "Cabinetmaker"). This isn't needed if you have an EZ One though - super easy.

I also have the Super Smart Routing Kit, but simply haven't used it yet. Big plans for it though - routing dados to make a clamping table and making panel cabinet doors.

Check out their videos on youtube!!

Ken K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts