Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I recently purchased a slitly used freud f2200 vce. Trying to mount it on a table. Have the plate, but the machine screws were missing. Do i remove the plastic plate and reuse the 3 out of the 4 screws. Also the fence was missing from the table. Is there anywhere in ottawa where i can buy parts for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21,693 Posts
I've found that HD and Lowes have a fair number of unusual screws and bolts in both Imparial and metric sizes. You can take one of the small bolts and try to match it there. The ones you're looking for are in the wide, flat drawers, not hanging on the pegboard. I have seen sample threaded items in a display so you can visually match most sizes and thread counts. There are companies that sell stuff like this, ereplacements.com is one place to try. But if you can find it a local big box, you're done. BTW, when you find the right one, buy several extras. You can also bring your router and try the bolts out.

And welcome to the Forum. We like questions.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Finding the screws may be a trial and error but don't force anything. I'd be surprised if Lowe's or Home Depot don't have them but if that turns out to be the case you can always re-thread them to a common size. As for fences just Google "home made router fence" and you'll find more than you want on building one that you can adapt to your table.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Quite often the screws that attach the baseplate aren't long enough to use to attach to a table insert and you wind up having to replace them anyway. It might say on a parts schematic what size and thread they are. You can usually find that on line. You can try going to HD and they may be able to match them. Canadian Tire might also have something. You can match threads by holding yours against a possible match and if you can't see light between them when you hold the threaded part of one against the same of the other then the pitch matches. You then just have to make sure that the diameters are the same.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Al,

In Ottawa you have many choices. Home Depot has a good variety of screws to find what you need. You can also try Busy Bee or Lee Valley. Wherever you go, bring the router and the plate to test fit the screws.
What part of the Capitol do you live in. I was in Ottawa on Saturday, moved my daughter back to Montreal.
Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
Paul
2,100 Posts
All my routers have metric screws and Charles is right... you're likely gonna need longer ones than the ones for the plate. I found my screws at Canadian Tire and Home Depot.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.