·
Registered
31,264 Posts
no...
no favorites..

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
The Down to Earth Woodworker had a really good video showing how to build a router table cabinet with a Kreg pocket hole jig . For the life of me I can't find the build , just the overview, and I think it's a differant table as the one I seen him build had tapered walls for dust collection . His accent kinda cracks me up

·
Super Moderator
David
3,578 Posts
Anything Frank Howarth makes I'll watch because his videos are so good. His woodworking is good, too. Otherwise I don't keep up with anyone though I may watch the occasional woodworking video.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Way too many to pick only one. Over time, however, I've downloaded many that were really good information that I knew I'd watch again and again, or were too complex or advanced to absorb without multiple viewings. I have enjoyed the Wood Whisperer videos. Looking forward to checking out what others like.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I like lots of them including all mentioned above. I also like Jack Houweling, Garageworks and Wyoming wood turner to mention a few.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Am I the only one who likes the routerforums channel on YouTube? Listening to Harry's voice is reason enough to go there. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't have a favorite myself, but I do prefer the ones with direct and easy to understand instructions - I find AmericanWoodworker vids easy to follow - they helped me create my first sleds:

I also really enjoy Steve Ramsey - he's easy to follow, humorous and his plans and projects are pretty good for beginners like me:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBB7sYb14uBtk8UqSQYc9-w

·
Registered
762 Posts
I can't say I have a favorite. If I am attempting to do something that I am unsure about I will usually research it and watch any videos available on the subject. I do like the Wood Whisperer and will watch his whenever I can find them on subject.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I particularly like Matthias Wandel. I like that he doesn't have all the big equipment that others have but improvises with what he can build. I am also a fan of Frank Howarth because of the quality of his videos.

Marty
I agree Marty Matthias Wandel does make some nice videos.

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
Anything by Bill Hylton...

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Reactions: Mike

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
@Relative

Mike, Alex was kind enough to give me one of his tiny reindeer at one of the shows. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Agree, the Alex Snodgrass video may be the single best woodworking video out there. My bandsaw became useful after following his guidelines.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I have no favourites either. Alex Snodgrass does a very professional presentation, but then he's been doing it for a very long time.

When I have a project in mind, I just do a search and check several out. Some are much better than others, but all have something to offer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts