Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
I learned how to drive on a W4, the slightly smaller version. Hats off to the future generation of farmers and young men not afraid of hard work and dedication. Without farmers we would starve !

Reactions: DaninVan

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
That's why a lot of farmers went broke, buying new equipment when the old equipment still worked fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You want a tractor with a cab? Buy, or make, a cab and put it on.
You want an air conditioned cab? Remod with a car air conditioner.
And the list goes on.

Reactions: kp91

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
How would it work on a farm of 1,400 acres? I was raised on a dairy farm in central Ohio. My father and uncle farmed a total of 360 acres. I'm aware of what is on the market and the costs. What about the mega-farms in the Midwest and the plains states?

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
I learned how to drive on a tractor when I was 9 y.o., driving the farm trucks by 12. and the family car on the road by 14, no licence til 16.

Thanks for posting Dan, brought back fond memories of all the time I spent on a tractor, plowing discing and harrowing,and mowing hay.
Herb

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I'm not a farm guy, I just enjoyed the results of all the farmers hard work. This is an inspiring story, and I'm glad you posted it, Dan. It restores my faith in today's youth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts