Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those following my saga about the bolt here is the latest. Betty at Fein contacted me and said that Fein would gladly send me a replacement at no cost. That to me is top rate customer service. It was my fault and my only complaint was the cost. I declined the offer since I know that mine will turn up someday and in the meantime I have my trusty HF one to use. I have had excellent service from several tool companies and stores over the years and have gone back to them over and over again. Router Raizer, Rikon, Incra and Rousso to name a few outstanding onesand now I can add Fein to the list . Then I have had some bad experiences from companies and will never go back to them for anything. Grizzly, Grizzly tools and Grizzly industries come to mind.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Your experience with Fein is good to know Art because I think we have the same model tool. The HF quality one that I had before I can't complain about. It let me find out how useful this type tool is and for the price I got my money's worth out of it.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I'd have taken the freebie. Then you'd have a spare if and when the other one turned up.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
That’s good news . I may have to talk to them also , as when I turn mine on , the blade really vibrates

Gee, Rick...does the blade cut things when it does that...? :lol:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your experience with Fein is good to know Art because I think we have the same model tool. The HF quality one that I had before I can't complain about. It let me find out how useful this type of tool is and for the price I got my money's worth out of it.
That's the exact same reason I got the Fein. After seeing how useful the tool was I wanted an even better one so I got the Fein. While doing a project in Florida I didn't have either of them with me so I went out and bought another one from HF. Now I have three of them. The only problem is they take different style blades.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
For those following my saga about the bolt here is the latest. Betty at Fein contacted me and said that Fein would gladly send me a replacement at no cost. That to me is top rate customer service. It was my fault and my only complaint was the cost. I declined the offer since I know that mine will turn up someday and in the meantime I have my trusty HF one to use. I have had excellent service from several tool companies and stores over the years and have gone back to them over and over again. Router Raizer, Rikon, Incra and Rousso to name a few outstanding onesand now I can add Fein to the list . Then I have had some bad experiences from companies and will never go back to them for anything. Grizzly, Grizzly tools and Grizzly industries come to mind.
Hey Art...did Betty contact you via this Forum...? How did she know of your issue...? Just wondering if FEIN is on the forum...

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Art...did Betty contact you via this Forum...? How did she know of your issue...? Just wondering if FEIN is on the forum...
No I was so worked up after thinking about it that I cut and pasted my post in a new email to them. I tried the German site thinking that someone there might care. It didn't work because i couldn't figure out what I was doing. After filling in all my contact information I clicked on a word that I couldn't read and nothing happened so I couldn't send them the information. I think what I did was sign up for something???? So I then went to the US site and gave it one last try and it worked. Betty contacted me after and hour and was super helpful.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
No I was so worked up after thinking about it that I cut and pasted my post in a new email to them. I tried the German site thinking that someone there might care. It didn't work because i couldn't figure out what I was doing. After filling in all my contact information I clicked on a word that I couldn't read and nothing happened so I couldn't send them the information. I think what I did was sign up for something???? So I then went to the US site and gave it one last try and it worked. Betty contacted me after and hour and was super helpful.

Glad to hear you're back in business...I usually just pick up the phone and call...FEIN is just outside of Pittsburgh (their US site) as is their super repair guru, Carl, who's been with them since day one...

Since you've experienced the FEIN for so long, it would be good to hear from you, at some point, regarding the $15 HF model.

Best...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts