Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering buying a festool router, they seem to be very well made, balance well...ect. Is there anyone out there who has any feedback on Festool before I make the purchase?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have both the OF1010 and the OF1400 (I used to have the OF2000, till it got stolen) they are very good machines and you can work one handed and the dust extraction does not restrict the depth of cut like it does on some routers.

The OF1010 is powerful for a 1/4 inch router because it is built to power cutters on 8mm collets (without teaching ducks 1/4 inch is 6.35 mm) so it is powerful.

The OF1400 is the only 1/2" router i am aware of that can be used one handed, it is light and has a 2 and 3/4 inch routing depth. It is does counter tops, but I dont do them all day every day, if I did I would replace the OF2000 that got stolen.

I am biased, the only time I dont buy festool is if they dont make it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Gror
I bought a OF1400 - quietest thing you ever heard - just purring along. Routing is now just one pleasure. Mounting into a table might be the problem - they are supposed to be part of a setup, but nobody wants to have duplicate tables etc.therefore the problem with a 'normal' router table.
Pieters

1 - 3 of 3 Posts