Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Do any members own this trimmer router. If so, may I have your advice on the correct ballbearing to buy for the cutter . There seems to be two different types, one with a thicher outside wall than the other which are available at bearing shops. Also, may I have advice on the two different dust shrouds produced for this machine. What is your experience with the cutter ball bearing brake, that spring loaded white plastic rod in the revised dust shroud?

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,050 Posts
Can’t help with your inquiry Peter but I’m sure someone will be along to give you a hand.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi

Do any members own this trimmer router. If so, may I have your advice on the correct ballbearing to buy for the cutter . There seems to be two different types, one with a thicher outside wall than the other which are available at bearing shops. Also, may I have advice on the two different dust shrouds produced for this machine. What is your experience with the cutter ball bearing brake, that spring loaded white plastic rod in the revised dust shroud?
While I don’t have that router I do have its more capable brother the MFK700. Your questions seem a bit lacking in detail. The 2 bearings listed for the OFK 500 are 15mm diameter and 22mm diameter so they will suit the bit you are going to use it on and the cut you are making

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While I don’t have that router I do have its more capable brother the MFK700. Your questions seem a bit lacking in detail. The 2 bearings listed for the OFK 500 are 15mm diameter and 22mm diameter so they will suit the bit you are going to use it on and the cut you are making
Hi
May I ask what brand your bearings are,please? My bearing has an outside diameter of about 15.920mm and ID of 6.460mm or five eighth and quarter inch.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi
May I ask what brand your bearings are,please? My bearing has an outside diameter of about 15.920mm and ID of 6.460mm or five eighth and quarter inch.
Bearing brands are irrelevant. Unless a company has got a custom bearing designed (that is an extremely unlikely event) they will have used a standard size. One reason is that standard sizes are produced in quantity and immediately available while for a custom size there has to be a run of the machinery and my guess is that the minimum order quantity isn’t small. The bearings are likely to be NSK

FWIW I think that either you measurements may be somewhat inaccurate. The size will be a metric one and is most probably 16mm x 6.5mm x “x” if you go to a bearing supply house it will be inexpensive, as a spare part from any company (Festool is not unique they all do it) the price is likely to be marked up by a huge amount. If of course I am wrong and it is a custom size then Festool will be the only possible source unfortunately.

one of the NSK catalogs this will give you more information than you can possibly need.
the bearings will probably have a steel shield or rubber seal and be deep grove design, as well as the outer diameter and bore diameter you will need the width of the bearing and seal/shield type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts