Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Dust Deputy for a couple of years now and finally got around to building a cart for it. I was in Lowe's the other day and noticed that Shop Vac has a unit called Bucket Max (about $30) that snaps on a 5 gal. bucket. It hit me that this would work perfectly with with my Dust Deputy. The cart is made entirely of left over 3/4" ply from a previous project. The combination works perfectly so I guess it was worth the wait for the cart.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a great solution. Working well?
It works great, Steve. The only problem I will have to correct is that I put just 1 pivot wheel in the front and it tilts too easily. I will have to replace the single pivot wheel with one on each corner. Other than that it works like a dream.

·
Official Greeter
19,730 Posts
Great idea, George.

I am going to have a look at something similar for my vac and Triton Dust Bucket. It keeps tipping over when I pull on the hose...

Triton® Dust Collector : CARBA-TEC

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
A couple of nice solutions guys. If I can quit buying routers a Dust Deputy is next on my list. I am going to mount it on a 10 gallon bucket so it is the same height as my industrial Shop-Vac and one of these carts would be great.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I have had my Dust Deputy for a couple of years now and finally got around to building a cart for it. I was in Lowe's the other day and noticed that Shop Vac has a unit called Bucket Max (about $30) that snaps on a 5 gal. bucket. It hit me that this would work perfectly with with my Dust Deputy. The cart is made entirely of left over 3/4" ply from a previous project. The combination works perfectly so I guess it was worth the wait for the cart.
George - does that little guy use the 2-1/4 hoses? I've got a similar one from Home Depot, probably a Ridgid, but it just uses 1-1/4" hoses.
Great setup:sold:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
George - does that little guy use the 2-1/4 hoses? I've got a similar one from Home Depot, probably a Ridgid, but it just uses 1-1/4" hoses.
Great setup:sold:
John, it uses a 2 1/4 hose but the one in the hose storage is a 1 1/4 with an adapter that fits the 2 1/4 so I can use it on my miter saw.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Hi George - That looks like a nice little vac. I bought a new 6.5 HP Shop vac last fall to set up with my DD because the 22 gallon one I had was physically to large. I went with a 12 gallon (smallest I could find in that HP). With the DD I find you don't need a large canister, I haven't changed the bag in the 12 gallon yet. I have, however, emptied the DD bucket several times:)
I used plans for my cart, I think from Wood magazine. That's Cleopatra, the shop boss, in the first pic:laugh:

Attachments

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Gary, I do not know. I've only ever seen one and a quick google search didn't turn up anything but the moulds for making them. If I do find them I will be sure to post about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.