Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been months but I finally made a roll-out bit drawer for my router table. It was constructed entirely of scraps and doesn't look pretty but it works. (I've always been interested in function more than form in my shop anyhow.) The drawer is mounted on two full-extension drawer slides, both mounted on the right side of the drawer, top and bottom. All the holes are 1/4"...I currently only have one 1/2" shank bit...but I will redrill the holes as I acquire more bits with 1/2" shanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Finally got a round tuit
please keep that to yourself...
can't use one..

now for that bit drawer...
that came out well..
and it does look pretty...

Reactions: 163481

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Nice job on the bit storage. I like things that are functional and work.

Reactions: 163481

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
yur retired...
the word and function should have retired w/ you...

Reactions: DaninVan

·
Registered
834 Posts
I tend to agree with Chuck, everything in my shop is purely functional. If it was pretty, I would not want to mess it up using it.
I stole the idea for my router bit drawers from the Yankee Wood Worker.
Nice job there Chuck.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Added a new feature...casters. Bought the aluminum Bench Dog brackets from Rockler, 3" locking casters from Harbor Freight and nylon locknuts from Orchard Supply. Now I consider the table complete and fully functional. It is the same height as my TS and can function as an infeed, outfeed, etc. (multi-functional, like most things in my shop)

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
sweet!!

·
Premium Member
19,028 Posts
I've thought of doing that, but I just can't quite picture or remember exactly what each bit is for, or the profile it produces, or even the brand. Need tags and profile pictures or samples.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I've thought of doing that, but I just can't quite picture or remember exactly what each bit is for, or the profile it produces, or even the brand. Need tags and profile pictures or samples.
picture poster w/ nomenclature...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts