Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised pictures when I started to set up the new shop, well here they are. It is a work in progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Of course I wish it was bigger but must make do with what I have. I will be building my router table, a drill press table and a crosscut sled within the next few weeks. The courses I am giving start next Saturday morning. Next summer I will paint the floor, I already bought the paint but ran out of time. I also need to change some light fixtures that I already have, some of the existing ones are humming. Note the 2 small workbenches I bought for the classes.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
way to go Dan...

·
Registered
Theo
6,919 Posts
It's neat, it's clean, so obviously you have not started working in it yet .

Reactions: Roy Drake

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Looks nicely equipped Dan , great job . Curious what size your shop is . I swear there’s never enough room

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Nice shop Dan, glad you swept up the sawdust before you took the pictures :sarcastic: What classes are you teaching - going to guess it's woodworking-related?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,

Theo, I have done some limited work but I cleaned before pictures and to have it clean for next Saturday when I start giving fine woodworking courses. I do however believe a clean shop is a safer shop and I am very organized, everything has a place so I don't have to look for it.
Rick, the garage is 18.5' x 24'. Notice I left a passage from the front door to the back door. That door on the wall in the middle is access to the house. Another reason for the metal cabinets to be lined up is to help keep the noise away from the house.
Vince, Yes fine woodworking for beginners and intermediates.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Very nice Dan. I like that long work bench.

Reactions: Danman1957

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Looks good!
Isn't it amazing how much space we need? My woodworking shop is 1/2 of my garage so it's 12x27 and I thought it would be huge...it's not. Looks like you're in the same situation, Dan.
How many students do you have per class?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Chuck,
It was a fun build and I enjoy using it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ken,

I was convinced it would be big enough, low and behold, now I wish it was twice as big. The shop is set up to accommodate a maximum of 4 students, but for next week so far I only have two. Hopefully word of mouth will be good advertising and I might have more next class in late March or so. Funny how so many claimed they were interested on Facebook but when it came time only two came forward.

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts