Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Well done! I caught a muskie once. Ten inches long and full of teeth!
Note: Lake St. Clair is noted for those who pursue carp in the summer time with a fly rod. Sight fishing like you would for bonefish but the carp are bigger than bonefish and you don't have to travel as far to catch them. Fly fishing guru Dave Whitlock spends several days on the lake each summer in piscatorial pursuits of the plentiful populations of same.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Well done! I caught a muskie once. Ten inches long and full of teeth!
Note: Lake St. Clair is noted for those who pursue carp in the summer time with a fly rod. Sight fishing like you would for bonefish but the carp are bigger than bonefish and you don't have to travel as far to catch them. Fly fishing guru Dave Whitlock spends several days on the lake each summer in piscatorial pursuits of the plentiful populations of same.
you can keep yur sewer bass...
bonefish are cake and pie to hook up...
and looking at Jon's carving makes ya want to break out the gear...

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
John that turned out very nice , and I really like how the wood grain got intergrated into the fish ;)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
John,

That makes me want to go fishin' in the morning and play with my machines in the afternoon.

Great Sign!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Stick, try it and see what it's like to hook up to a 25er. :yes2: Carp don't get to respect. Where have I heard that before.

What's next for the fish sign carving?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Stick, try it and see what it's like to hook up to a 25er. :yes2: Carp don't get to respect. Where have I heard that before.

What's next for the fish sign carving?
BT on the carp....

sturgeon...
grayling...

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
There are 2 rules for fishing for Muskies: 1) Use steel leaders and 2: NEVER use your fingers to remove a swallowed hook. The latter is something akin to changing a spinning router bit. Or so I've been told, having never tried the later. :wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dave,

There's no talent to this, or I'd be sunk before I started. It's just a matter of getting the objects, laying them out, put a piece of material on the bed, and hope like hell you pushed the right buttons and got it all set up right. Theoretically it should all work. I've got plenty of mistakes for the firepit.

Also helps to keep all the files so you can make new things out of all the past components. Just limited to time and imagination.

HJ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts