Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are our two dogs. The one on the left is Mac. The on one on the right is Shea, we had to put him down last week. I used picturecarve and 60 degree v bit to carve it into 1/8 inch plastic. I made the box out of 5 mm plywood. I used a 90 degree v bit to miter all of the sides so after it was put together you can’t see that it is plywood. I will take pictures of the box when it is sanded and stained.

Attachments

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,186 Posts
Thanks Phil. I have to fess up that I did ruin a few pieces before I got this one.
Nope, you tested methods to prove they won't work and that's a successful venture! Besides, no photos means it didn't happen and I only see the finished piece, so that's ALL that happened! :wink:

David

PS - Looks nice, btw - good job! My first job was cutting some pockets in MDF for a secondary spoilboard and it took all of 10 seconds to break the bit. :grin:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, you tested methods to prove they won't work and that's a successful venture! Besides, no photos means it didn't happen and I only see the finished piece, so that's ALL that happened! :wink:

David

PS - Looks nice, btw - good job! My first job was cutting some pockets in MDF for a secondary spoilboard and it took all of 10 seconds to break the bit. :grin:
I learned that lesson too. I bought some cheap flat v bits from Amazon and broke two in the first ten cuts. Going to have to buy a good 30 degree. Thanks.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Nice first project. I look forward to seeing it after it is finished.

Reactions: Rusty Nesmith
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.