Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first stab at building a cabinet. It turned out better than I expected.

I don't have a lot of counter space in my kitchen and the refrigerator was blocking one corner of the left side of the kitchen. I moved the refrigerator to the right side to open up the corner and built this rolling cabinet to extend the counter. It's made of 3/4" MDF with 1/4" oak ply siding and oak veneer on the edges. The drawer front is solid 3/4 oak as is the door rails and stiles with 1/4" oak panels.
I found a great deal on the counter top. It was a 6' 45 mitered piece that was on clearance for $15 (orig. $60) so I cut it off to what I needed and saved the rest for the future. It is finished with Minwax stain and poly.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
It looks good so far George. Now it is time to finish off the last details. The store where you bought your counter top will have matching pieces of Formica to cover the ends of the counter. They are not cheap, might cost you $10 for the pair but it completes the top. Glue them in place, a pass with a flush trimming bit and your project will be complete. Very nicely done.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
Very nice work George, I was beginning to think that you didn't actually make sawdust. I do however have to complain about something! The photographs were not up to the standard of the cabinet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.