Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first laser burn. It's on a 6X8 piece of BB scrap.Took 127 minutes to burn and, HOURS to design it in Inkscape. It's also the first time I've used Inkscape.

Tree Text Botany Branch Woody plant

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Herb, I think the font is Amarillo. Yes, 6"X8".

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick, it's a little Eleks Maker, el cheapo from China. One watt...I think.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,081 Posts
Looks great.

Reactions: Gene Howe

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that deserves a well earned KUDOS....

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments and kudos, guys.
James, my wife is one of nine kids. She wondered if a similar one could be burned for her sibs. Told her no. One of her brothers has 11 offspring and I quit counting his grandkids.
Steve, the tree is a clip art image. I can't draw water.
I think there's a way to speed up the burn process. Just gotta do more research.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Looks good Gene!

I looked in to getting a laser the last 2 years but between probable software issues and the inexpensive lasers I was looking at decided to pass. I figured I would end up throwing my computer and or the laser before I made anything worth showing

·
Registered
Paul
2,010 Posts
Your design is very nice, Gene. Inkscape should get easier once your familiar with the tools that you need.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
Thanks for all the nice comments and kudos, guys.
James, my wife is one of nine kids. She wondered if a similar one could be burned for her sibs. Told her no. One of her brothers has 11 offspring and I quit counting his grandkids.
Steve, the tree is a clip art image. I can't draw water.
I think there's a way to speed up the burn process. Just gotta do more research.
I suspect it’s working fine . Im comparing an 80 watt co2 laser to a 1 watt diode .
It’s kinda neat how a laser diode can burn though , and it’s probably more dependable than a tube ,as mine has issues and won’t fire or it’s sporadic.
I’m hoping that it’s an issue with the PS , as it would be a cheaper fix .

Keep up the good work Gene ;)

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your design is very nice, Gene. Inkscape should get easier once your familiar with the tools that you need.
Thanks, Paul. Getting familiar is the rub.

Rick, an Epilog is in my future....as soon as those lottery winnings materialize.:wink:

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
Thanks, Paul. Getting familiar is the rub.

Rick, an Epilog is in my future....as soon as those lottery winnings materialize.:wink:
I keep buying them knowing it’s pretty much another tax on the poor lol .
Could hardly imagine the shop I’d have if I hit the big one though.

My first choice in lasers would be Kern though

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Is that after the Insulation and CNC??

See Gene, you can teach an old dog new tricks -- even if we don't have a clue what we're doing.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
Is that after the Insulation and CNC??

See Gene, you can teach an old dog new tricks -- even if we don't have a clue what we're doing.
Well if I win the lotto I was debating to contract out the insulation part . Maybe I’ll get a pic taken of myself installing the last piece for social media :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.