Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have my new shop finished up to do a legitimate project. By no way am I finished! I have one more to do for a benefit silent auction.
After that I will start to assemble my sawmill!
It was very satisfying to get to this point. I have been doing woodworking, more than weekend warrior stuff since 2005. I never had a shop.
I do NOW!
More to come...
Brown Rectangle Cuisine Indoor games and sports Wood

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
Great boards..

I would not have the patience for something that good.....LOL

Reactions: Arcola60

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I finally have my new shop finished up to do a legitimate project. By no way am I finished! I have one more to do for a benefit silent auction.
After that I will start to assemble my sawmill!
It was very satisfying to get to this point. I have been doing woodworking, more than weekend warrior stuff since 2005. I never had a shop.
I do NOW!
More to come... View attachment 402305
Really nice work out of a really nice shop!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ninety boards. That's a lot of little pieces with six sides to size sand and finish, to fit just right.
By the way, any pictures of your shop/tools is like candy to the forum viewers.
So, what's retirement like. I have been thinking about it for 15yrs, but too busy paying taxes for those who don't....
Font Symmetry Electric blue Circle Pattern

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Retirement is GREAT! I highly recommend it! The toughest thing is figuring out what will get your Butt off of the sofa, everyday.
It's not: if you have enough, it's when you have HAD enough.
I have the build pictures in another post MY NEW SHOP
I usually start with 12" long strips that are 2" tall with random widths. I cut them is 6" long strips and play with the arrangement to get 2 different patterns.
I find it is easier to glue up and mill up in the smaller groups. Then I index the final "end grain" pattern from each group. This makes it not look repetitive.
I hope this makes sense.
I have improved on my cuts off of the band saw so that I bypass the planer and go straight to the drum sander.
I am not done yet! Always looking for ways to improve procedures.
My process:
Brown Rectangle Wood Grey Beige
Toy Lego Wood Auto part Gas
Wood Floor Flooring Rectangle Composite material

1 - 17 of 17 Posts