Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on occasion been called a fishing Machine.. and Brown bears are certainly fishing machines, and perhaps some of you are fishing machines....

round 4 of my Steampunk series is a Brown Bear Fishing machine.

I had some problems that I attribute to not watching my carve depth on a V carve tool path that I told to carve on existing model. The Vcarve was to deep and I broke out some letters. So will cut that out and redo that segment …

than some sanding, sealing and painting. Cant wait to paint this one.

Tw versions of the model are shown as they appear in Aspire... as I was tweaking the end result.. changed some component depths, add a wave in the flag.. changed the words block to the top. just composition play time.

Thanks for letting me share the fun.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
17,393 Posts
Really neat Scott. I’m loving the small details , very sharp .
Where the letters are damaged , I was wondering if a guy filled that hole with coloured epoxy , and then cut the letters in the epoxy ?
Just a thought

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Nice work Scott. As a matter of fact I'm going ice fishing tomorrow with my son in law. It's supposed to be sunny and +4 C so it should be a great day.

·
Registered
Paul
1,834 Posts
Very nice, Scott. I see you've added your signature 'outside the frame' with the fish. I was missing that feature on your other steampunk projects.

·
Premium Member
19,008 Posts
Fun! Would love to have had this for my late brother, who was a fishing machine indeed.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,164 Posts
Great.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Still haven't found any of those paint by number kits yet!! You got the touch.

·
Registered
17,393 Posts
Fantastic outcome Scott . Great choice of colours . Looks like a lot of detailed work on this puppy.
I also like how you added the trees in the background

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fantastic outcome Scott . Great choice of colours . Looks like a lot of detailed work on this puppy.
I also like how you added the trees in the background
thanks Rick. these are fun to create for sure. ..

·
Registered
17,393 Posts
thanks Rick. these are fun to create for sure. ..
I keep gravitating back to your recent threads . As Dan mentioned, the colours certainly make it pop .
I’d say you nailed it . Now if I could just fly up there and get a lesson or two.
Btw , How much are lessons :grin:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I keep gravitating back to your recent threads . As Dan mentioned, the colours certainly make it pop .
I’d say you nailed it . Now if I could just fly up there and get a lesson or two.
Btw , How much are lessons :grin:
lessons cost a cheeseburger and a coke..

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
And if you throw in a couple of beers he'll take you hunting or fishing!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts