Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Jeff and welcome. I have seen wedges attached to router bases using double sided carpet tape. Keep in mind that a flush trim router bit has a bearing that follows a pattern outline. Using a guide bushing instead still requires a pattern to follow. Without knowing exactly what and how you plan to trim it's hard to say what is the best way to go about that. There are some trim router packages that include tilting bases. I think the Bosch Colt and the Makita 0700 does for sure (see image in attached link) https://www.google.ca/search?q=maki...=B3T7WOWtB4f2jwOa6b2YBA#imgrc=2gMyT5bTx924QM:
None of the larger routers have that base as far as I am aware.

If you have a picture of what you want to trim it would be helpful to post it. As long as it's in your hard drive and not on a photo sharing site you can do that. Next time you post use the Advanced option and then click on manage attachments. If you require more help just ask.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.