Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Thanks, Cary. As Steve said, another useful "tool".

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Cary; those are great fonts! Excellent selection.
Thanks for the link. I particularly appreciate the instructions at the link on how to correctly download and file them (I tend to get confused when doing stuff with non-MS software...Open Office for example)).
I spoke too soon... :(
I downloaded a font to my comp. but how do I get Open Office to load into it's font listing?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
yur talkin' to yurself Dan...

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Super Moderator
5,816 Posts
I spoke too soon... :(
I downloaded a font to my comp. but how do I get Open Office to load into it's font listing?
Dan, did you extract it and install the font?

If you download and install the small app I linked to above, it will show all of the fonts you have installed on your PC in one or two pages.

You might have to restart Windows.

Here is a screenshot of "Show Your Fonts" displaying a page of the fonts on my PC.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
OK, Mike. Did that, also updated Irfanview and Open Office, just in case.
The font list app works fine, but it hasn't listed the two fonts I downloaded although they show up in the Download folder...? Also don't show up in the OpenOffice font list.
And yes, I unzipped them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I download the zip file, move it to a new folder so I can find it easily, extract the files, double click on the extracted file name, double click on the 'true type' font file, it should come up and show the fonts for that file, in the upper part of that window you will see "INSTALL". Click on that and it will put it right into your windows font folder. That's it.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Cary; I'm guessing that if I'm not using Windows software that complicates it...
One of them is working fine in Wordpad but Open Office still doesn't recognize it. The other one that I downloaded keeps giving me error messages. :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cary; I'm guessing that if I'm not using Windows software that complicates it...
One of them is working fine in Wordpad but Open Office still doesn't recognize it. The other one that I downloaded keeps giving me error messages. :(
yeah, if you're mac or lynix, I can't help. I don't know where fonts are stored. In windows, it's, c: drive, windows, then fonts. Sorry I can't help any more then that. I'm sure there's a lot of sites out there, that people use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.