Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another one of those items, that I knew I should have gotten when they first came out. Talking about a food sealer, for use in the shop (and of course what its made for).

I use these TAB, all the time and hate only getting 1 use when I know I will need it the next day. Yeah, I could let it soak over night, in dangerous chemicals (usually denatured alcohol). But it is a waste of chemical, when it is not needed.

In this case I had planned on using brush in about 5 hours, but figured what the heck I will seal it anyway in case I do not get back to it in 5 hours.
By chance, its been 4 days, and still not used. The brush is still soft, and usable. At this point, I may just see how long it stays pliable.
This obviously is not the intended purpose, and most times I would only do this for a good brush, say I am to tired at end of day to spend cleaning tools (a good badger brush ex.), in which case I would certainly clean next day.

I'll probably use this for my Binks spray guns, keeping all passages lightly moist with WD40, sealed until I use gun next time. As well for all my small detail guns.
And of course for food...

The model I got was a little expensive (150) but for 30.00 you can get a model that can do the same thing. I checked consumer reports, and the best rated cheap model runs at 49 ~ 59.00 and seems to be a good buy to save time and money around the shop.
This model, was ranked best by price (and pressure) for 45.00 with current coupon amazon CLICK HERE
and if you want the model I got (with some fancy, but not entirely needed extras) as well at amazon CLICK HERE

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I think the only oil based finishes I have used in a long time when I paint new power tools yellow. Not interested in a museum quality finish on them, so just use cheap brushes, and toss them when finished. My primary finishes now are water based, so use a bit higher quality brush most of the time, higher quality when appropriate, and only have water cleanup - which is great. If I plan on using a brush later, just put it in a can or jar filled with water. Life is much easier this way.

A major plus is, with small pieces I can paint them in the house, and no stink.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I used a 2" TAB. But it was used for stain, I was going to do a second coat but the weather here being bad, I had better things I needed to do at the time.

Even when I use a Badger brush with water based, I still use denatured alcohol as a final cleaner to remove any and all residue, as well for storage.
Storage for a brush, is clearly the best use a vacuum sealer can be used for in this instance. IMO.

·
Official Greeter
19,748 Posts
Been considering one of these to seal meals for when I go camping....

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh it is excellent for that use. LOL. I used it on some meatloaf I would normally only eat (maybe) the next day. But it was good even after 4 days.
I can see it really doing well using resealable bags with deli meat the same day you get it at Publix (or the like), and lasting longer than a normal 5 days in my household. Can see it lasting a good 2 weeks and being fresher than it would be had I used it in the Publix bag only 3 days after use.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
We use ours almost every day. I found our food saver at a flea market for $4.00. Best 4 dollars I ever spent. Keep meat in the freezer for a very long time. They work great for marinating food for grilling also. I never thought about using it in the shop. Maybe I will have to find another one just to leave in there. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.