Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,424 Posts
That looks really cool Herb . Those lighter squares look like there actually hovering

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Yep, I agree. Very nice Herb. I hope no one will actually drag a knife across that.

Reactions: old coasty

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,317 Posts
Very nice Herb.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
What kind of surface did you wind up with after going through planer Herb.?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wow, that's great. All I need to do the same thing is the tools, patience and skill. Zero for three but i'm working on it:smile:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
What kind of surface did you wind up with after going through planer Herb.?
Depends on whether or not it explodes on you or not as it passes through the planer.

It is not safe no matter how many times someone tells you they do it all the time.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Chuck, I didn't make this board,it was an interesting pattern I found on the internet.
I use my Performax drum sander to surface my cutting boards and then an ROS to take out the drum sander marks.

Herb
That makes more sense to me Herb. I couldn't see trying to run something like that through a planer. Maybe a router and sled but it would still need a lot of sanding.

About Timbertailor's comment:

I've hauled fuel for a living and once I went to one of our farm customers for the first time to fill a tank he had in a shed. I got there and there wasn't enough clearance between the top of the tank and the roof to get the nozzle in the tank. I walked over to his house and asked him how I was supposed to fill the tank. He said "You climb up the ladder on the outside wall (a rotten looking wooden one), crawl up on the roof and peel back the flap over the tank (there was a foot of snow on the metal roof and I couldn't even see the flap) and then you can get the nozzle in the tank". I looked him in the eyes and said "That 's not going to happen". He said It's been done that way for the last 30 years. My response was "At what point did it become the right thing to do?" So I agree with you. No matter how many times you get away with doing something dangerous, it's still wrong.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Holy WOW

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hi Chuck, I didn't make this board,it was an interesting pattern I found on the internet.
I use my Performax drum sander to surface my cutting boards and then an ROS to take out the drum sander marks.

Herb
The first tool I will buy for my new shop will be a drum sander. Do you have a review of the Performax you bought somewhere Herb? What size do you recommend and why?

I tend to go larger than I think I need. It seems like overkill most of the time until you need that little extra size.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts