Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
bait and switch...
so what happens when the other shoe drops...

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marty I received this email from a friend:

Harry,

I ordered some parts for my new metal detector and the divers boat locator and a variable power supply and a multimeter.

Without the cost of the multimeter, I purchased all of the below bits for $10.00 US.

Absolutely Amazing
Trevor

high quality ADJ DC-DC Step-down Module 5V/12V/24V Adjustable Voltage Regulator 3A

$ 0.42

GY-271 HMC5883L 3V-5V Three 3 Triple Axis Magnetic Field Compass Magnetometer Sensor IIC Board
This is going to be used with my metal detector so I will know if the object is steel or not.

PAM8610 2x15W amplifier board digital two-channel stereo power amplifier board miniature
Diver thingo

$ 0.83 X1

PAM8403 Super Mini Digital Amplifier Board 2 * 3W Class D Digital 2.5V To 5V Power Amplifier Board Efficient Metal detector

$ 0.29 X1

MCP4725 12Bit I2C DAC Digital Converter Module Digital To Analogue EEPROM Development Board 2.7V-5.5V To play with

$ 0.85 X1

5A DC-DC 4-38V to 1.25-36V 24V 12V 9V 5V Step Down Adjustable Power Supply Module LED Lithium Charger With Heat Sink
Desk power supply
$ 0.92 X1

Breadboard 830 Point PCB Board Test Develop for Diy Kit
My boards are worn out
$ 1.65 X2

VICTOR VC9808+ 3 1/2 Digital multimeter Electrical Meter ammeter 20A voltmeter Inductance Frequency tester DCV ACV DCA/R/C/L/F
I broke my old one
$ 39.23 X1

You can't beat those Prices!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
WTB they'll be like an evasive species...

·
Registered
808 Posts
I tried to buy something that was a low price but found I had to buy 400 units to get that price. I then was bombarded with junk mail, and had to list them as spam to stop the junk mail. I don't know how he was able to buy anything individually from them. I have purchased from banggood.com, and have been pleased with my purchases.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to buy something that was a low price but found I had to buy 400 units to get that price. I then was bombarded with junk mail, and had to list them as spam to stop the junk mail. I don't know how he was able to buy anything individually from them. I have purchased from banggood.com, and have been pleased with my purchases.
Gary, I suggest that you were looking at Ali Baba which is the wholesale arm of the company. I've had many items from Ali Express without any problems, also from Bangood.from whom I get regular emails.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’d guess by not paying their workers a living wage ... or less.
Very few workers would be involved, these days electronics are made by robots, faster than the eye can see!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I just got a pocket flashlight from BangGood for C$2.67 delivered. Zoomable, aluminum, single very bright LED runs on a single rechargeable AA battery.

I've been thinking of trying one of their Arduino UNO clones. Doing a little reading I found that the very cheap ones use a USB chip that requires a driver (original UNO doesn't). Some have problems with those. A slightly more expensive model seems to be fine without additional drivers.

I already have: heat-shrink tubing assortment and the four relay module on my wish list. :)

I don't know how they do it, Harry. The postage would be more than the price if we were to mail it there. (C$1.00 for a local letter!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts