1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
does it delever the power requirements you need to operate all three...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just looked very closely at them. The writing was so small I had to use a magnyfying glass and a flashlight.
I am surprised at the outcome and I think I've just answered my own question.
I was assuming they were all 5 volt. Wrong!

1 says 24 vdc @0.8amp.
1 says 12vdc x 1 amp
1 says 5 vdc x 1 amp

Oh well, luckily the TV hides them all.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
You sure have answered your own question Bob.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
I feel your pain. Those little power supplies are practically littering our house. I found some multiple outlet boxes with the blades oriented 90 to the sides so the adapter hangs over the side. Mounted on a wall, this makes a very neat arrangement. We're in the process of replacing our aging TVs, and I'm giving up on wall mounts, just too hard to get to the electronics when necessary. I did get a really substantial uninterruptable power supply that everything plugs into. We constantly have quick powre outages that crash the drive in the cable box and force a complete reboot, When it trips, it makes a high pitched whine and has to be reset to shut off the signal. Don't mind if the TV goes off, but we've been waiting a week for a new cable box to arrive. All our recorded stuff is, poof, gone. Going all HDMI this time.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Bob, look for a multi-port USB chargers that have at least 2.1 amps per port. The one you are looking at does not have enough current for iPads, or the newer version of iPhones or Samsung phones. Almost all of today's electronics are happier with 2.1 amps or more.

CAD-Man

·
Registered
169 Posts
Bob,
Are those power supplies or chargers? I haven't seen Power supplies that have USB connections for a cable box, etc.?

Also is it volts or watts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts