Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently stumbled across a file on the Vectric Forum for an Oreo cookie and have been trying to find the right project to use it on. I came up with the idea to do a twist on the Buffalo Nickel bank that was a Vectric free CNC project for February 2012. I replaced the original artwork with the Oreo art and resized the inner rings to make the filling. I carved it from an edge glued baltic birch panel and stained it black. Enough of the wood grain shows through to give it a dark brown color, close to the color of the cookie and I painted the filling flat white. To allow removal of the contents, I cut a wide slot in the bottom of the "filling" and made a cover. It's been a hit in my household. Hope you like it HJ, you've made lots of the nickel banks.

Jay

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Dang, Jay! Now you've made me hungry. ;)

Beautifully done. Deliciously finished! Makes me think of cookie jars that both my grandmothers kept on their kitchen counters.... just far enough back from the edge that as a kid I couldn't reach them. Fortunately my favorite older sister would help me raid the jars as long as I wouldn't tell Grandma.

4D

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
I recently stumbled across a file on the Vectric Forum for an Oreo cookie and have been trying to find the right project to use it on. I came up with the idea to do a twist on the Buffalo Nickel bank that was a Vectric free CNC project for February 2012. I replaced the original artwork with the Oreo art and resized the inner rings to make the filling. I carved it from an edge glued baltic birch panel and stained it black. Enough of the wood grain shows through to give it a dark brown color, close to the color of the cookie and I painted the filling flat white. To allow removal of the contents, I cut a wide slot in the bottom of the "filling" and made a cover. It's been a hit in my household. Hope you like it HJ, you've made lots of the nickel banks.

Jay

Fantastic,so real looking. How large in diameter is that?
Herb

·
Registered
21,700 Posts
I love it. Made my mouth water just looking at it. Great idea. Hope you're gonna sell these. I know I'd like one. If you made them a little larger, you could make a flat cookie "jar" that grandmas could push just out of reach. PM me if you decide to sell some. I see Christmas gifts for family.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
I've had the file for quite a while but haven't even played with it yet.

I like what you did with it, great project.

You picked the perfect color for the chocolate cookie part. Like the others I'm ready for cookies and cold milk.

Reactions: cjskelton
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.