Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I'm in my shop minding my own business, and I get a phone call from my 89 year old aunt. She can't reach the top of her apple tree and wants me to come cut it down a bit. So I motor over to see her. Here she is at her age half way up a tree trying to reach the tops to prune it. I go in her shed to grab a taller ladder and low and behold she has a genuine Record 52D quick release vise sitting on the counter??? I ask her where did she get that... she says oh I found it in the basement must have been your uncles why you want it?..........lol
the only thing I can see is missing is the dog.....

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Nice find. Slip a short length of steel bar in the hole when you need it. Even a hardwood peg would apply a fair bit of force.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so my aunt calls again, unrelated about something else, but while I have her on the phone ok ok so my aunt is almost 90, she can barely speak English, and her hearing is not the best.... so I say "you wouldn't happen to have the dog for that vise would you?" she says " What the hell do I want a dog for I said you could have it".......I guess I didn't think that through....

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
So, once you found the longer ladder, hopefully you held it for your aunt? ;)
Nice score on the vice, Tony! Aunty can now truthfully claim that she's without vice.

SNORK

You're too much, Dan!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
added a hard maple dog that was missing I'm pretty sure it will hold up not going to be compressing any coil springs from a car with it
Sweet, Tony!

Good score.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.