Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I have been out of pocket for a little while.
I felt like I needed to make something. I made these page markers,
for some Christmas gifts.
The wood used: Paduke, Maple, Black Walnut, European Beech, and Cherry.

I log on every day. I just haven't had the opportunity to be able to be in the shop.
Hopefully this year, I will finally build a true woodworking shop!

Ellery Becnel

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Dimensions are: 3/4" wide X 6" long X .100 thick. I finished with a coat of mineral oil.

Sorry! Former machinist, i just cant resist. I glued 2" X 1/8" strips together. Once I was a little over 3/4" thick, I stopped.
Set up my table saw and ripped them just under 1/8". Sanded, and radius the end. I drilled a #40 (.086)drill bit for the tassel.
I found the mini tassels @ Hobby Lobby.

I feathered the sides slightly to make the book pages lay flat, when closed.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
nicely done...

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
That would be a good use for scrap material. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
21,688 Posts
I like going to Hobby Lobby with my wife these days. She looks for art supplies. I've thought about buying some of the larger pre-made frames there because it would be cheaper than buying milled unfinished stock, which often takes two pieces to make one frame because of twists and other imperfections. The finished frames usually have poor or weak mitered corners, so cutting them down to size lets me perfect them.

I really like the book marks. But for Kindle fans like me, they wouldn't do. I just can't read that small printed type anymore. The Kindle has refreshed my love for reading, especially the new paperwhite models.

Merry Christmas to all the good folks on the Forum.

·
Official Greeter
19,748 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.