Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old 80 tooth 12" blade was still cutting quickly enough, but I was tired of the splintering on the bottom and back sides of the cut. I sprung for a Forrest ChopMaster 80 tooth (CM12806115), which arrived today.

Sandply from the BORG is the worst thing I've found to splinter. I cut the end off a 3 inch strip with my old blade, then cut it again with the new ChopMaster blade. The results are shown below. My old blade did the top cut; the ChopMaster blade did the bottom cut. I'm plenty impressed and pleased!

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy I believe your old blade is pretty dull. I have always heard good thing about Forrest blades.
To be fair, the old blade DID cut better when it was new, but never as good as the Forrest. The old blade just came back from a local sharpener. It cuts quickly enough, but rough.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Andy, do the blades have the same tooth angle and design? This should be marked on the packaging. It is a smart idea to keep a sheet of paper on your saw and record how each blade design works on your saw with different materials and cuts. While any 10" blade will fit both a table saw and a miter saw there is a big difference in how these saws cut. The manufacturers take the guess work out of selecting the right blade for your task.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.