Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the Forum Suggestion thread, this thread is a place where you can suggest a new forum. If you feel that RouterForums.com lacks a category of discussion that you would like to see, simply suggest it here!

Example; Topic: Home Renovation

Whatever it is, if you feel we're missing it and you want it, suggest it! :D

Look forward to any suggestions.

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Well Mark... I do have an idea.. maybe it has been brought up before.. maybe not. It involves some people you know :)

How about a forum for:

Ask Bob & Rick:

That would give them some more interaction with the members and I know many have questions for them on how they built this or that, a jig etc. Just an idea ..

Corey

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea Corey, of course before this gets approved I'll have to speak with Bob and Rick, we'll see what they say. Thanks for the suggestion :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Mark

I would like to see " Latest Threads " go to 10 (listed) I know you can use TODAYS POSTS item ,plus a way for NEW nembers to find the post they made , (like new members posting in the last 20 days) a sub under Introductions , right on the MAIN page, most members know how to find posting but new members don't :) just a way to get them to come back... :), most like to read the post they made :) or look at others so they know what to post.

Bj :)

·
2,392 Posts
Buddy List Links to Profiles...

Mark said:
Welcome to the Forum Suggestion thread, this thread is a place where you can suggest a new forum. If you feel that RouterForums.com lacks a category of discussion that you would like to see, simply suggest it here!

Example; Topic: Home Renovation

Whatever it is, if you feel we're missing it and you want it, suggest it! :D

Look forward to any suggestions.
The other day, I wanted to quickly send a PM to a Buddy.
I went to my Buddy List, found my Buddy, & had no way of easily getting to his Profile!
I had to look elsewhere to get it...

Did not make any sense to me... Why have a Buddy List if you can't USE it?!

A simple link to their Profiles would have solved the problem.

Thank you...

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bobj3 said:
Hi Mark

I would like to see " Latest Threads " go to 10 (listed) I know you can use TODAYS POSTS item ,plus a way for NEW nembers to find the post they made , (like new members posting in the last 20 days) a sub under Introductions , right on the MAIN page, most members know how to find posting but new members don't :) just a way to get them to come back... :), most like to read the post they made :) or look at others so they know what to post.

Sounds good, that can easily be setup.

@Joe Lyddon: Visit the "Members List" it is at the top of every page, there is a search function, type in the username and it should bring up a direct link to the profile.

·
2,392 Posts
Mark said:
@Joe Lyddon: Visit the "Members List" it is at the top of every page, there is a search function, type in the username and it should bring up a direct link to the profile.
I ended up going here... found the name and clicked it... What I should have been able to do from the Buddy List... yes?

Number of Active Users Today: 52
The following members have already visited the forums today:

Thank you...

·
2,392 Posts
bobj3 said:
Hi Mark

I agree 100%... except for one thing...

... make it the last 20-25 instead of just 10... :) :D

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe that 20-25 would be much to large vertically, 10 should be enough.

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Edit: After messing around with the script, I tried 10 and it looked way to cluttered for my tastes, sorry but I think the maximum on this is going to be 5. :confused:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Here's my idea. I'm not sure it could be done, and you may need his permission. But how about a topic or heading titled, "Best of bobj3". I would suggest that it be a closed topic (so other members could not clutter it up). But admins and/or mods could move in any of his posts that describe and show pics of his many jigs. I'm sure there are many of us "cheap sob's" here that find Bj to be a wealth of information and more valuable than a library of woodworking books. It would be nice to have an easy spot to find them all.

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If someone is willing to put that together, I'll stick it.

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Mark,

If you are still open for suggestions, how about allowing the user location field in our profile field to be displayed under our name or avitar so we can know where each other is from. It would have great benefits many times.

This is something I asked for a year or so ago and never got your attention on, so I thought I would ask again.

·
2,392 Posts
Bob N said:
Mark,

If you are still open for suggestions, how about allowing the user location field in our profile field to be displayed under our name or avitar so we can know where each other is from. It would have great benefits many times.

This is something I asked for a year or so ago and never got your attention on, so I thought I would ask again.

I Second it...

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The problem is, when users register that option isn't available. Therefore for users who haven't yet set it, it will be "null" meaning, non-existent. I'll look into a mod that is available and I'll see what can be done.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts