Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a project that I completed that I thought turned out pretty nice. It's made entirely out of oak, and I used pocket holes for the joinery.

If you want to see more pics and info on how I made this check out my other post at: www.woodlogger.com

Rounding over the Shelf

Assembling the Frame with Pocket Holes

·
Official Greeter
19,730 Posts
Very effective, Daris.

What stain did you use?

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Nice job.

Did you cut the mirror to size or build the frame to fit the mirror?

I tried cutting an old mirror and it did not work out for me. I needed to clamp both sides before I tried snapping it and it did not break along the intended cut.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Wow, Daris, that is really nice!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
very nice...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I needed to clamp both sides before I tried snapping it and it did not break along the intended cut.
Eh, What?
Any clamping puts stress on the glass.

Make the glass cutter score (once only and after oiling the cutter wheel). Tap the underside at one edge to get the break started. Bring the score line to the edge of the table and snap the glass off.

You can tap out the entire score line from underneath but the break won't be as even.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Wow, Daris... that's gorgeous!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Daris,

That is nice. How did you hold the mirror in the frame? In the photos posted, I can't see any rebates or slots cut for the mirror.

Darryl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.