Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
No plans

Steve. I have never seen any plans for anything like this but its pretty straight forward, a piece of plywood, a piece of plastic, a vacum port, cut them all to the size you want, screw or glue them together and voila. If I was to make one I would extend the plywood further back from the dust port, a small clamping leg if you will, and I would clamp that to my table in the postion I want it.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Steve

I made one like that, it just pops into the fence and the fence holds it in place I also made one that screws down to the base plate but the one that hangs off the fence is the easy one to setup and use...and it's a very easy one to make your own..

==========

Hi folks

Does anyone have a plan to make something like this:-

Woodpecker Freehand Guard (FHG) - Buy online from Rutlands.co.uk

I could do with making a guard that also acts as a guide and dust extractor adapter.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Steve

I made one like that, it just pops into the fence and the fence holds it in place I also made one that screws down to the base plate but the one that hangs off the fence is the easy one to setup and use...and it's a very easy one to make your own..

==========
Thanks for posting the pics, Bob. These give me the impetus to have a go.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Steve

Your Welcome , after you get yours made how about a snapshot or two..

==========

Thanks for posting the pics, Bob. These give me the impetus to have a go.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
You come up with some pretty nifty ideas bobj3 , once i get a little time i will have a go at making one like that for my-self.

Dai

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike

Does your guard work with more intricate concave work?

I'm making an electric guitar body (telecaster) so I need to be able to rout around tight concaved areas such as the cut out near the neck joint.

Cheers

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts