Router Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a link for downloading an ebook on router use by Lonnie Bird.
It's picture heavy and should be a great help for the newer router users, but it also contains some jigs that might be of interest to the more experienced router users.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/assets/downloads/Router_book_077988.pdf

This link was previously posted by someone on ncwoodworking.net I'm a member there so I thought you would all like it too.

Charley

·
Registered
766 Posts
Many thanks to you Charles! Just a quick skim through it so far has convinced me it is well worth the time to read it.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Thanks Charles,

242 pages!
Hope I can find the time to look it over.
The quick glance I made tells me I will probably learn something.

Thanks for sharing,
Mike

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well I took a couple hours tonight to take my first pass at actually reading this great book from cover to cover. After about the first 60 pages my brain was overloaded with all the new information it had been absorbing.

Most of it was easily understandable, yet there is a little here and there that I don't quite get. (yet any hows!). The odd thing is, I can't even remember the details that I felt like I didn't fully understand, and it has only been a couple hours since I did the reading.

Having learned enough to feel comfortable jumping in and trying some stuff (well trying it with inexpensive woods that is!) it's time to make some sawdust with the router table.

I'm sure that when I read through it the second and third times and have some more experience to consider the words with, I will get even more from those trips through the book.

Thanks again Charley!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have the print version. It's a lovely big paperback that runs to 234 high-quaity pages which I picked up at the local remaindered bookshop for less than the $CAN32.95 cover price. It is a very useful and informative guide that I have read more than once.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Link is broken -404 Not Found

This link is broken.

This is what I get when I look for this book:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The requested URL /assets/downloads/Router_book_077988.pdf was not found on this server.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Neil
:angry:

Here is a link for downloading an ebook on router use by Lonnie Bird.
It's picture heavy and should be a great help for the newer router users, but it also contains some jigs that might be of interest to the more experienced router users.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/assets/downloads/Router_book_077988.pdf

This link was previously posted by someone on ncwoodworking.net I'm a member there so I thought you would all like it too.

Charley

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Free book download offers rarely last forever .The OP is 8 months old, Neil.

·
Official Greeter
19,737 Posts
This link is broken.

This is what I get when I look for this book:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The requested URL /assets/downloads/Router_book_077988.pdf was not found on this server.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Neil
:angry:
Attached? - no

The file is too large for the current forum server @ 22.5mb.

If you PM me with your email address, I can send a copy to you.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I was able to link to it on Sept 11, downloaded and saved as a pdf. After about 10 minutes or so looking at it on screen, i can tell you that i am going to buy a paper copy so i can carry it, leaf through it, and make marks & notes in it. First rate piece in my opinion...but i'm a novice!!

earl

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have heaps of available bandwidth available on my site and have uploaded a copy link removed

Anyone is welcome to download it.

Please note that Copyrighted material may be provided with an active link from the owner but we do not allow links that infringe on the owners rights.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.