Router Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
Great,, ALbert,,,, I will get with Glennmore and see how to get ahold of ya,,, hahaha,, I am hardly the computer expert here,, so now I will now go to the big Kahona on talk ,,,,, I will get back with ya,,,

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Thanks Paul,,, they are a ton of fun to make and easy to do,,, sure gets you a lot of notice when ya get one done,,, Give her a shot, and show us what ya come up with.

Paul pm Terry with your your skype name and he can look it up and add you to his contacts. Then he will be able to call you and talk to you. And if you add skype to your profile here all that have skype can get into contact with you. Hope this helps you out.

Hi Terry,

sorry fo so many question about signcarving from me, but a have big question:
Did You made a Router with Plate for friend before like this :

? If yes, i will send You Dollars for the Hardware and your Work. In Germany it's so stuppid to get the right Hardware. If You have no Time. no Problem

Thanks so much Albert

Attachments

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Hi Albert, Glennmore showed me how to get your name on my contact list on Skype,, when you get a chance to go on there,,, we can chat and I can walk you though that plate,, its so easy to make,, nothing to it,,,

I have your name on my list now,, so when you are running skype, your name should light up on my screen,,

Plexiglass subbase

Hi Terry.....
Could you tell me ...what size Plexiglas, did you use for the router’s subbase.....and did you use the original screws that came with that trim router. I have the same router and man those screws are really small. any advise on this would be great.....thanks

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Sorry Rout4you, I missed your post,, I used a piece of Plexiglass 1/4 inch thick about 10 or 12 inches square. You remove the base plate that is on your router, and use that as a template to drill the holes in your new large base plate. Remember, you are NOT putting the original small base plate back on,, but replacing it with the new big plate,so you are not really much thicker then before. You have to counter bore the plate so the screw heads do not stick up above the surface of the new plate,, so the old screws, even though they are not very big, should work fine.

Sorry Rout4you, I missed your post,, I used a piece of Plexiglass 1/4 inch thick about 10 or 12 inches square. You remove the base plate that is on your router, and use that as a template to drill the holes in your new large base plate. Remember, you are NOT putting the original small base plate back on,, but replacing it with the new big plate,so you are not really much thicker then before. You have to counter bore the plate so the screw heads do not stick up above the surface of the new plate,, so the old screws, even though they are not very big, should work fine.
Thanks Terry.....Got the base plate done today...yea!!!! Hope to try it out soon thank you so much for the great info :)

You have a great day!

Rick

Free hand routing out pictures

I just started routing out pictures on wood freehand and I can't seem to find anyone that does that, I find scrollsaw patterns and draw them on wood and rout out all the places that would normally be cut out with a scroll saw, I rout them out about 1/4" deep, then I stain all the cut area and sand off the excess stain. Does anyone else do this out there?

Thanks
Vern

Welcome to the forum, Vern.

I had not thought of that way.

Welcome to the forum, Vern !

This sounds similar to some techniques I have seen in the signs making section of this forum already. Non the less, it's good idea, and probably faster than scrollsawing

Martin

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.