Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
i wouldnt advise you either way, but i was considering a freud. i was then advised to read reviews about the one i was looking at. i think it was the 1702. after reading the reviews and seeing the problems some had with this router, i spent more money , but i got a great router. it was a craftsman 3 base combo. this 2 1/4 hp router is great. since then i got a bosch so i could use it on a ski jig. i like the bosch too, i had to replace the stock base so i could use conventional styled guides.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
My thinking (as foggy as it is at times) is that if they make them that poorly in 2 machines, why trust them on a 3rd. Do like levon suggests and go for another make. Just my honest opinion of course :rolleyes:

hi Bob,

not because you agree with me, but because i know you to be very knowledgeable, i think your thinking is as clear as a bell. i do hope your feeling better! from your fan and pupil.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
hi Leif,

i may be wrong, but i also think that these routers are being discontinued. the problem with the depth adjustment was one subject that got lots of complaints in the reviews of this product. they were a good price, about half of what a good 2 1/4 hp router should sell for, but if it causes problems, what good is the savings?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.