Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a freud ct1700vce, and like it quite a bit. Lately, when raising it in the router table, it skips/slips, like a nut is stripped. I haven't changed the setup since I got the router 2 years ago. A brief inspection makes it look like the stop rod button/tongue isn't engaging the adjustment screw as well as it should. Has anyone else with one of these had this problem ? Am I looking in the right direction ?

Aaron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same issue ...I removed the unit from the tsble and reassembled....no problem...don't know what the cause was,I blamed myself for not assembling correctly.

I took a look in there, things seem clean and free to move. There's only a tiny bit of wear on the metal tongue. Freud said send er in, she's under warranty. I hate to take up someone else's time and money for something that should be simple.
I guess she's headed back after I get this last project done...

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed !

I took a look in there, things seem clean and free to move. There's only a tiny bit of wear on the metal tongue. Freud said send er in, she's under warranty. I hate to take up someone else's time and money for something that should be simple.
I guess she's headed back after I get this last project done...

Thanks,
Aaron
Sent her back to Freud, about 10 days later, she's back on my doorstep as good as new. (and now safely in her table) I think Freud replaced the entire base, but I can't exactly tell, there was no charge under the warranty (5 years). I'm tempted to give them a call and buy a spare of whatever was amiss.
Thanks Freud !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.