Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I've got a freud ct1700vce, and like it quite a bit. Lately, when raising it in the router table, it skips/slips, like a nut is stripped. I haven't changed the setup since I got the router 2 years ago. A brief inspection makes it look like the stop rod button/tongue isn't engaging the adjustment screw as well as it should. Has anyone else with one of these had this problem ? Am I looking in the right direction ?

Aaron
Hi Aaron - Just a guess but after two years of table use, my guess would be there is quite a bit of dust and dirt accumulate in there and is gumming up the release mechanism. I'd disassemble and give it a good cleaning in that area. I'm assuming you have the fixed base in the table:)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Sent her back to Freud, about 10 days later, she's back on my doorstep as good as new. (and now safely in her table) I think Freud replaced the entire base, but I can't exactly tell, there was no charge under the warranty (5 years). I'm tempted to give them a call and buy a spare of whatever was amiss.
Thanks Freud !
10 days, not bad turnaround time. I've had good luck with Freud service.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.