Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum so I'll start by saying hello.

I have the Freud 3-1/4 hp router that is under a Freud router table. Had an issue with the spring so the router went crooked on me and I bent the base plate and it has a small crack in it. I know...stupid me. Anyone know of a cache of old Freud parts? I really like the router.

That said...the table and fence is still in great shape. The plate is 9x12 and 1/4 inch thick. Any recommendations on a new plate/ lift? I can always replace the router. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum.
Contact Pat Warner see if can help
ROUTER WOODWORKING

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Ebay or Craigslist in the hopes of finding someone selling a dead one you can scavage for parts.

·
Registered
21,697 Posts
Welcome. See how fast things can hapen around here. Of course, if all else fails, you can buy a blank plate and drill it for your router yourself. https://www.amazon.com/Rousseau-3509-9-Inch-12-Inch-8-Inch/dp/B00002242B

Always best to have a thick aluminum mounting plate, rather than phenolic. If worst comes to worst, you can find a metal supplier in your area and have them cut a piece the right thickness to match the original plate. Drilling the mounting holes isn't really much of a problem with aluminum, but best done on a drill press.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! Thank you Bridger. My zip is 44060. My email is [email protected] to contact me direct. I'll pull the parts diagram and see what the specific parts I need are.

Also...do you know if the smaller 2HP Freud will fit the table. It originally was matched with the 3-1/4 HP. If the base plate is the same I can probably get by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.