Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a Freud router,table, and fence from a person I know. It is brand new. He wants $250.00 for it. Does anyone have any imput on if it is a good router. I have an old porter-cable 690 and have never used a router. I want to set one up in the lift but would not like to have to purchase many more routers. I am getting too old to buy crap but I am just a hobbyist.

thanks,
JEff

·
Registered
782 Posts
i have the pc 690 and have the plung base and the D handle and the base that comes with it and found that it is a very good router the freud is good also but you have a good router why dont you get the router base from the router work shop and the fences that they have that would be all that you need or at leat it is for me get the one with the dust shoot's built in also the brass measuring bars are very good also check out the web site their are lot's of items their here is the web site http://www.oak-park.com/usa12.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.