Router Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the FreudVTt1700VCE router. When the base slid up the the casting that holds the locking pin broke. I have the parts number from the manual (13606.83710) but can't tell if it just the pin or the casting. Also can't find price online. Has anyone else had problems with this casting. Apparently CharlesM is the Freud guru. Hopefully, he will respond. Until then JB weld--it can't hurt.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I have the FreudVTt1700VCE router. When the base slid up the the casting that holds the locking pin broke. I have the parts number from the manual (13606.83710) but can't tell if it just the pin or the casting. Also can't find price online. Has anyone else had problems with this casting. Apparently CharlesM is the Freud guru. Hopefully, he will respond. Until then JB weld--it can't hurt.
Hi Darwin - Welcome to the forum:)
Yeah, that 1700 will come up hard if you let it get away from ya:wacko: Things popped up on me a couple of times but luckily I haven't broken anything.
I doubt you will be able to find part prices online but give them a call and they will give you prices and shipping on the phone. It may still be under warranty as many of those had 5 yrs new. I bought mine off the recon market so I only got the 90 days. I wound up with two and really haven't had much problem with either.

Their service number is 1-800-334-4107. I haven't seen CharlesM on here for awhile and I do miss him.:confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts