Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a huge difference between friends and aquaintencies, most people are lucky to have one real friend, I'm super lucky to have two. Today we had a scheduled power outage whilst maintenance was carried out. we were advised the power would be off from 6.00am to 3.00PM and thats what happened. By pure coincedence my friend Trevor of over 50 years came to see me excited to show a heap of electronic item that he had received this morning. As soon as he realised that we had no power, he insisted going home and bring his motor home, a school bus that he converted which has many solar panels plus two HUGE batteries each weighing 65Kg. He was back in about 20 minutes with long heavy extension cords and soon had fridge, computers and TV all hooked up. This is just one of many, many things that he has done for us.
We also have another friend, John who I met several years ago through a forum member in England who knew him and realised that we lived close to each other. John is a fine woodworker and brilliant wood turner and a real gentleman who is always asking if there is anything that he can do for us.
Here is a shot of John on vacaation, he regularly brings us freshly court fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
sweet!!!!!

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Nice fish. I'm envious.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Indeed rare and precious. You really find out who is a true friend in the darkest of times. Two is rare in my experience but I have seen some wonderful examples over the years.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,192 Posts
There's an old saying that a friend will help you move. A true friend will help you move a body. :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts